Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Nostalgia?

Being home feels strange after been away for a few months.I got home and had to hear the sweet sounds of Godsmack blasting through the doors of the bar in front of our house... I dont miss that. To counteract the ear bleeding crap seeping through the windowpanes I put my record player back together, which was a trip in itself. Sorting through all of my records and remembering exactly where they came from and why some of them were given to me. But while putting together my stereo i found all of my old yearbooks... it was so strange to see all of these people that I had forgotten. People like Dan and Tyler who were the bain of my existence for my freshman and sophomore year. Or seeing girls who once were so clean and proper and now have children...so strange. I looked at all of my yearbooks. I looked exactly the same until my last year...i think the blue hair may have had something to do with it...maybe not. My face changed too. Not by much though. I feel like I look so much different now, maybe its age, maybe its the fact that I feel like I fit my body, maybe its because alot of what ive gone through i've internalized aging me more in the past two years than the past six has.Seeing pictures of ex-boyfriends was equally as strange...but i cant put a finger on why. Perhaps its the lack of contact ive had with them. Who knows. The snowball pics were a fucking trip. You gotta love having the same hair as your date...especially when you and your date are king and queen.I dont know if i miss high school at all. I know some of my friends really do, some really dont. I think im indifferent. The experience was what it was, and at least in some part made me who I am. But would i go back if i had the chance? I dont think so. My group of friends were so frustrated with the area, the school, with each other that if we were stuck together more, we'd kill each other. Seriously. I bet susan would have fucking shanked someone by now.This place doesnt feel like home anymore...it feels like a home, but its less and less feeling like my home.