Sunday, July 1, 2007

Exhale (what comes next?)

The Walter chapter of my life is now officially closed. We talked last night, and I think that now that everything has been said and done, it was one of the most sane breakups I've ever had (not really, but the aftermath was far less painful). We both now know what we did wrong, and in the future how to keep that out of new relationships. It was polite, and not the sarcastic kind of polite, but the kind where we figured out that it all doesn't work and just wanted to let the dust settle. We might still talk, but who knows if we could be friends in the future.It feels like I finally pulled the giant monkey off my back, like after that conversation, that the pressure I've been feeling for weeks has finally released.So, what comes next?I really don't know.I've been thinking about what I want to do after college. I'm 100% sure I don't want to stay in Oshkosh. I already feel like I'm dry rotting here. I've established myself as a photographer...but I want to do more with it. Photojournalist? Maybe. I'm working on becoming a better writer...taking baby steps at least. I feel bad for pestering Mike about my script for the past week. I guess I'm just really impatient about it... actually, I am in general, and I don't like it.This week I fit back into jeans I wore in high school. Jeans that I haven't been able to wear since spring semester of last year when I dropped a lot of weight...that's really quite exciting to me cause I was afraid that me gaining weight back would be stuck there forever but its not, as long as I put effort into it.Oh, and for all of you that enjoy shitty music, check out Lil' Mama's "Lip gloss" its a fucking masterpiece.